Information We CollectWe may collect and use the following types of information from those who use the Site and the Services:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and other information that may not be publicly available (“personal information“).
- Information about you that does not identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your personal interests, online interactions, viewing data, requests for Services, communications with us and third parties, advertisement interactions, and any other activities when using the Site or the Services.
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Automatic Data CollectionWe collect the following types of information from you as you use the Site through automatic data collection technologies:
- Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, and similar information. This information is not connected to personal information and is used for purposes of administering the Site, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, and collecting demographic data.
- Other details regarding your activities on the Site and Services, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data.
How We Respond to Do Not Track SignalsWe do not track visitors’ activities over time or across third-party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, many third-party websites track your browsing activities in order to tailor advertisements and other content to your interests. If you do not wish to be tracked in this manner, then you should configure your browser settings appropriately.
How We Use Your InformationWe are the sole owners of information collected from visitors on this Site. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We use information collected from you or about you, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site and enforce our rules and policies.
- To provide access to Site content and Services to you.
- To customize Site content and Services according to your preferences.
- To improve the Site and Services.
- To research and analyze the usage data, preferences, and trends of our visitors.
- To diagnose technical or Service-related problems.
- To maintain security over your information, the Site, and its contents.
- To fulfill any requests for information, products, or Services.
- To provide targeted advertising.
- To carry out our responsibilities and enforce any contracts between you and us.
- For any other use as we may indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your InformationWe may share personal information and other information that we collect as follows:
- With our affiliates, including any subsidiaries we now own or later acquire.
- With our trusted employees, contractors, business partners, service providers, suppliers, vendors, and other third parties that support us, which may include sending you emails on our behalf; analyzing your activities and interactions on the Site in order to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experiences of our visitors; and providing support to the Site, the Services, our operations, or fulfilling your requests. These third parties may only use personal information in order to provide such support and are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. For example, we may share personal information with credit card processing companies in order to bill visitors for goods or services.
- In response to court orders, subpoenas, or legal processes, such as requests from government regulatory or law enforcement agencies; to defend, pursue, or participate in legal actions or proceedings or exercise a legal right; to take precautions against actual or potential liabilities; to investigate or respond to potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, or threats to the Site, its visitors, or the property or physical safety of any person; to enforce or investigate violations of our rules; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- With those that we so indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To third parties when we have your consent or when we have parental consent if the visitor is a minor.
Opt-Out ProceduresAs your privacy is important to us, we provide you with the following procedure(s) for opting out of future communications from us:
- Email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt out of. You may also opt out by clicking “unsubscribe,” or a similar button, at the bottom of any emails we may send you and then following the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
- Targeted Advertising. You may use the procedure(s) above to opt out of us using your information to provide you with targeted ads using third-party ad servers.
- Cookies. In order to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may cause parts of the Site to function improperly.
How to Access and Change Your InformationYou are responsible for keeping any personal information you provide on the Site current. Please email us at email@example.com to request access to view, correct, or delete information you have provided to us. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests, if possible. If you provided personal information in connection with a specific Service we provide, you may have to update or delete that information by returning to that Service page. Any requests to delete your information are subject to our internal reporting and retention policies as well as any legal obligations that we may have.
Notice of California Privacy RightsPursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who use our Site may request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make this request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact information provided below at the end of this policy. Should you choose to email us, please include in the subject line or body of your email the phrase “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice” and specify the personal information you do not wish to be shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
SecurityWe take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Site or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise. The information you submit to us is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined below or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Children’s PrivacyThis Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use this Site or provide any personal information to us. We will delete all information that we discover is provided by children under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent. Please email us at email@example.com if you believe we have received personal information from a child aged under 13 and we will use our best efforts to remove such information.
Cross-Border Data TransfersYour personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Site, you agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.
Contact InformationYour feedback is important to us. To send us your questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact us as follows: VAI
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Information We CollectThis section lists the types of information you collect, including whether or not you collect “personal information.” Personal information is any personally identifiable information that can be linked to specific individuals, such as names, addresses, dates or places of birth, and social security numbers. Possible categories include
- Billing and credit card information
- Demographic information
- Forum or discussion board activities
- Product reviews
- Search queries
- Site feedback or suggestions
- Social security numbers
- Surveys or polls
- Sweepstakes or contest information